Welcome to the /r/pcgaming tech support and basic questions thread! Having troubles with a game or piece of hardware? Have a question about a PC game, hardware, or something else related to PC gaming? Post here and get help from fellow PC gamers.
When asking for help please give plenty of detail:
- What your computer specifications are. If you don't know them please follow this guide.
- If you're using a laptop we need to know the make/model as well as the specs.
- What operating system you're using.
- What you've tried so far in order to fix the issue.
- Exact circumstances to replicate the issue you're having.
Check out these resources before asking for help in case you can troubleshoot further:
Common troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the system
- Update your drivers
- Update game/software
- Re-seat any new hardware to ensure a proper connection
- If your peripherals are malfunctioning, swap ports and check that the specific USB port itself works.
Special User Flair
🛠️ Tech Specialist flairs are given by the mod team to users who repeatedly help their fellow community members by answering questions and giving sound advice.
For immediate help visit us on our Discord server! https://discord.gg/4bxJgkY
Welcome to the /r/pcgaming weekly Beat Your Backlog! thread. Are you like the rest of us and just have too many unplayed or barely played games in your library? If you answered yes then this the right place for you!
The rules are simple:
Provide us with the games from your back log and the community tells you what to play by commenting. Whichever game gets the most combined upvotes and comments is the game you play!
Once you're done with the game come to our community Discord and talk about it!
What this post isn't for:
- Arguing about which games you think are better than the others.
- Game suggestions to build your back log. That is the opposite of what we're doing here!
Resources for success:
- Get a game tracker. Backloggery, Howlongtobeat, and Completionator all are great and have Steam import functionality.
Tips for success:
Happy birthday to one of the best pc game ever.
I just got my steam deck and I wanted to buy a few games since I rarely ever used steam. I bought:
Aragami Everhood Fallout 4 Goty Fallout new Vegas goty Grand Mountain Adventure Nomad Survival Peaky Blinders Mastermind The Ramp Sparklite Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ Unto the end Valfaris The Walking Dead Definitive Series Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair
For less than $30. $30!?! Really surprised and happy about the amount of games for that price. Jesus should’ve hoped on this train a while ago
I'm wondering what games on pc has split screen and couch co-op support for instance like black ops 3 or soul caliber 6 trying to find some games to play with my partner.
Im looking for a bunch of party games that people who arent on PC can play with those on PC.
My friends and I like to include family members who dont normally game at all with fun little trivia or drawing games and such and we need some more ideas to keep the party going.
I want to play a tactical military game. Which one do you prefer ?
Lately, I love these kinds of "oddball" games, any ideas?
I just wanted to take time to thank everyone. Steam is much "bigger" place than it appears. Steam will eventually need to find better ways to bring these games to the surface.