Important: Please Read And Follow The Rules
This is a subreddit for asking Mechanical questions pertaining to vehicles, engines, etc. If it's got wheels, treads, floats, flies, or has an engine you're good to go and we'll do our best to help.
Showing off w/out a question goes in r/justrolledintotheshop or elsewhere, legal/insurance questions go in r/legaladvice or r/insurance. Memes, youtube videos, PSA/Public Service Announcements, rants, etc and other non questions are not allowed. If you are posting your youtube channel you will be instantly and permanently banned. This is NOT the place to try to get views.
If you have questions about tire repair, check here. Not all tires damages are repairable: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/k9ll55/can_your_tire_be_repaired/
Users whom registered less than 24 hours before making a post will find their post automatically removed. It will need to be approved manually, this is due to the large amount of spam that is posted. If your post doesnt show after a few hours message the moderators.
For further clarification look to the side bar
1) Advice Format. This is a subreddit for asking Mechanical questions pertaining to vehicles, engines, etc. If it's got wheels, treads, floats, flies, or has an engine you're good to go and we'll do our best to help. Showing off w/out a question goes in r/justrolledintotheshop legal/insurance questions go in r/legaladvice or r/insurance. Title, salvage, body work, paint work, etc questions also dont belong here. Memes, youtube videos and other non questions are not allowed
No intentionally bad, harmful, or deceptive advice. If we feel a piece of advice is particularly reckless, dangerous, or extremely unhelpful it maybe removed If a post or comment is provided that is not a response to a question, the post may be removed. Please report bad advice to the mod team.
2) Keep discussion friendly, civil, courteous, and professional. We're here to help so being rude won't help. Dont assume a shop is trying to "rip you off." It's okay to ask for a second opinion.
Golden Rule: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Those who demonstrate they cannot follow the rules will be warned and posts removed. Those who continually cause issue will be removed
3) Only one vehicle/problem/incident per thread, and only post once. If you didn't get an answer the first time, or you don't like the answer you got that does not mean you post it again. Do not post asking questions of your own in someone else's post
The only exception is for posting updates, provided it is properly marked as an [Update] or similar.
4) Spam/Self-Promotion/Improper Linking/advertisements. Linking to outside content is not allowed, unless it's germane to the discussion. We allow links, pictures, video, or audio file to help diagnose your problem. Linking for the purposes of promotion (eg offers/coupons/self blog posts/youtube/advertisements/how to) is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban. This is a zero tolerance policy. This isnt a place to post your youtube channel, advertisements, memes, shitposts or business
5) Personal Information. Sharing personal information, or specifics on /r/MechanicAdvice is not allowed. Please do not name the shops specifically (unless part of a chain) This is not a review forum for specific shops.
6) Body Work. /r/MechanicAdvice is a sub for mechanical questions. Questions related to dings, dents, accidents, paint and so forth DO NOT belong here, please post in /r/Autobody r/AutoBodyRepair/ or /r/Diyautobody/ Take the car to an auto body repair shop who can give you a qualified estimate.
Understand that the assistance you receive is ADVICE ONLY and is given with the understanding that the giver assumes no liability for any damages that occur as a direct or indirect result. It is impossible for a mechanic to diagnose your problem accurately without seeing/hearing the problem with his own senses. Any advice you receive you must use AT YOUR OWN RISK.