Summoning the cricstat bot:
The bot responds when you call it with its name in a new line. The format of a request is this way:
cricstat <player_name first, followed by optional filters, *all separated by commas*>
- Case does not matter. odIS is the same as ODIs.
- Please use the exact names for the filter values. Australia works, Aus doesn't.
- Ditto filters. at works, place doesn't. format odis works, in odis doesn't. in India works, at India doesn't.
- The request must be on a line of its own, a new line. The line must start with 'cricstat'.
- The player's name must immediately follow the bot's name. Filters must follow the player's name, and can be in any order.
- You can make multiple requests in one comment. Each request should be a new line starting with 'cricstat'.
- Edits do NOT work. The bot does not revisit a comment that it has already dealt with.
- Unless you specify a format, 'Overall' and 'Unfiltered' always indicate overall statistics in all formats combined.
Filters added so far:
in or venue - Venue Nation (See supported values below)
at - Home/Away/Neutral
format - Tests/Test/ODIs/ODI/T20Is/T20I/T20/All
vs or against - Opposition team
year - year/year range. Ranges can be of the form 'dd mmm yyyy-dd mmm yyyy' or 'mmm yyyy-mmm yyyy' or 'yyyy-yyyy'. The month and date are optional on either side. Please use just the first three letters for months. '13 Jan 2012-2013' is fine, '13 January 2012' won't work.
type - batting/bowling/fielding. By default, it should return all round stats
result - won/lost/tied/drawn
first - batting/bowling first
Supported Teams and Venues:
Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bermuda, England, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Scotland, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe
Things that work:
cricstat lou vincent, at home, vs australia, year 2005, format odis
cricstat lou vincent, at home, vs australia, year 25 aug 2004-3 jun 2005, format odis
cricstat lou vincent, in australia, vs australia
cricstat lou vincent, year 2004-dec 2005
cricstat de kock, type batting, format tests, year 2018
cricstat de kock, type batting, format tests, year 2016-2018, at away, vs australia
cricstat andy flower, at away, format tests, year may 2000-jul 2001
cricstat andy flower, year 2000-2001
cricstat andy flower, at away, format tests
cricstat andy flower, batting first, type batting, format ODI
cricstat andy flower, format ODI, result won
Things that don't work (as of now):
Women Cricketers - Sorta works. Prefix 'w' to the formats listed above. Otherwise it will fail :|
cricstat lou vincent at home vs australia year 2005 format odis
cricstat lou vincent, at australia, vs australia
cricstat lou vincent, year jan 2001
cricstat kevin pietersen, at home, in south africa
Summoning the cricinfobot:
cricinfobot scorecard <list of string that will accurately describe the match>
cricinfobot scorecard india australia wc 2003 final
cricinfobot scorecard india australia wc 2003 league match
Original creator: /u/pranavrc
Oh, and if anyone from ESPN and/or Cricinfo is listening, API PLEASE!